Sunday, March 22, 2009

If there's a party goin' on, don't bother knockin!

Ultimate Blog Party 2009

So apparently there is this thing called the
Ultimate Blog Party.
It is sort of like a blog carnival...
Only on steroids...
And with prizes!!!


If you are here for the first time, let me introduce myself,
I am Miss Julie- a throwback to my days as a daycare provider and preschool teacher, and though not a southerner myself, my hubbie has those roots so it is a well fitting moniker.

These days I am a homeschool mom who also teaches art classes- to other homeschoolers as well as at a public after school program.

Most of the lessons I use end up here. Most are original, some are "borrowed" from other beloved art teacher blogs. Several are embellished to include unit study ideas too, because I firmly believe that if you want to, art can be used to teach every other subject you can imagine.

If you love art in any way shape or form, then I can't wait to meet you!
I hope that you can be inspired by the posts here, and I look forward to gaining new inspirations from my fellow party goers!!!

To join the party, just click on the banner at the top of this post.

Some of those prizes I'm hoping to win are:

#56- Surprise Box of Art Supplies from KV Creative Designs
#68 Christian Book Distributors Gift Certificate from A High and Noble Calling
INTL 19 Sponsor Spot on Tip Junkie
INTL 21 Blog/Web Ad from Foundation Studio
INTL 69 Advertising at MomKaboodle
USC 15 Gift Certicate to Amazon from Want to Know What I Think




sig2

24 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am new to the blog world. I am from Shreveport, La.
I love a good party and this is my first BLOG party.
So glad that I found your blog. Hope you will come by and visit me. Sign up for my first give away....
Teresa

Jenny said...

Thanks for visiting.

How cool that you teach art to other homeschoolers. Nice to meet you!

Elizabeth said...

thanks for stopping by my place...cool site you've got here!

~Bobbi~ said...

I'm glad I found your blog! It's wonderful!

I love that header as well!

Heidi said...

Just a fellow homeschooler stopping in to say hello! I think that's great that you teach art to homeschoolers!

Stop in when you get a chance:
http://www.chatterandclatter.blogspot.com/

L2L said...

Oh I will so have to pick your brain on this topic. We have been considering allowing our oldest son to go to the public elemetary school for art lessons as he really has a desire for all things drawing and coloring. I really don't want to do this but know that I can't wing this one on my own. any suggestions on where I could even start with him or a good curriculm that would have a great outline and supplies included. As we are a military family overseas that is a must!!!! Off to meddle over your blog!!!!

Tangerine Kitty said...

I am partying around the blogland today. Saw your link on the UBP site. Nice to meet you.

Angie Marion said...

hi there from UBP! thanks for stopping by my blog! have a great day!!

Inquirer said...

Does it count if I have been following your blog for a while? I love your ideas and visit almost everyday. Keep the great ideas coming. I am always looking for things to do with my boys!

KV Creative Designs said...

Hello Miss Julie! Thank you for visiting my blog! Have fun with the UBP! I am Party hoppin!
Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

Baba said...

Hi Ms. Julie! So nice to meet you. As the wife of an artist husband I know how important teaching art is to kids. He is also a substitute art teacher. Blog hopping and participating so stop in for a visit.

ScoringDeals said...

Hi! I'm party hopping here! Your blog looks really nice! I'll check it often for sure!!

Happy UBP!

Sarcastic Mom said...

Hi there! Just hopping over from your comment on my post. Nice to meet you! :-)

Jen said...

Thanks for stopping by Creative and Curious Kids! Your blog looks lovely- can't wait to explore it more! I am a Christian Homeschooling Mommy (very new at the homeschooling!) of an almost 5 and 7 year old!! Take Care! Happy Blog Party!!!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Thanks SO much for commenting on my blog and allowing you to find yours. You have so many amazing projects here, I'm so excited to add you to my Reader!

Jana said...

I am so glad you stopped by. I just glanced around your blog. I will be back. I love that you are sharing your knowledge. I am a working outside the home mom, but I enjoy doing projects with my girls. I hope to play with them this weekend about Chagall. Thanks again. See you soon.

julie said...

Hi, Julie!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I so appreciate your creative spirit and your honesty. Blessings!

Julie prayervitamins.blogspot.com

Ilyn said...

Teaching art to the kids is very important. And it's great that you teach art to homeschoolers. It's really a great idea. And your blog is nice.

Wendi said...

Hi, I'm a homeschooling mom to three kiddos who needs all of the art ideas that I can get! I am now a follower of your blog!

Rhonda said...

Hi, coming over from the UBP! You and your blog look very creative! How fun. Gonna go check out more! Have a blessed day!

Jadehollow said...

Dropping by from UBP. Great Blog.
Debbie

Julie said...

Lovely blog! My kids love art!!!

Comfort Joy Designs said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I'm giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty...stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!

I want to invite you to the Mommie Daze Virtual Baby Shower that I am hosting May 15 to June 8. This is an international even and there are prizes! Stop by my blog for all the details.

Storm said...

I'm still blog hopping via the Ultimate Blog Party. Nice to meet you.