Monday, April 25, 2011

Not just for the bathtub...

Well, I said Monday, but being it is only Monday for another hour, I am going to leave my award post for Tuesday. In the meantime, I will leave you with this...

Recently I purchased bathtub crayons for my 15 month old. Technically they are for 3 and over, but my little one doesn't put them in her mouth-much. They were an absolute hit. I know this because of the deafening screams she produced when I took them from her at the end of bath time.

Since she loves them so much, I tried to extend the play opportunity beyond bathtime. We have since found them very useful in the high chair. It wipes right off! The high chair also keeps her contained, so they don't end up on my walls. Of course there was that one time the high chair was very close to the wall-too tempting for my future muralist. Good news- it wiped right off!


I took the adventure further and invited her to use them on the mirrored closet doors and the clear glass shower door. We haven't tried the glass patio door yet, but we have to save something for tomorrow.

So what inventive ways can you think of to use bathtub crayons?









4 comments:

Lori- funart4kids.blogspot.com said...

Hey...I just found you. You have a great blog. I will add you to my blog roll and was wondering if you would check me out at funart4kids.blogspot.com and consider the same. It is fun to stay linked together! Thanks....and cute baby!

Katie Morris said...

I didn't know they had bath tub crayons, that's a great idea! I like your other uses as well. I bought some crayola window markers but they have a weird feeling to them, I wonder if I could use the bath tub crayons to decorate my classroom window instead...

The Art Fairy said...

Katie, I really think the window crayons and the bathtub crayons have a similar feel and consistency. They are definitely not opaque on the windows and the color is not vibrant at all. They look good on the white tub and on top of anything that is already light and opaque-like my walls.
The best thing for window decorations is washable tempera paint. You can make it even more washable by adding some soap flakes or a little dish soap to it.
It might be interesting to try water soluble crayons or oil pastels on the windows...think I'll give that a try and post about it. Baby won't be helping with that though.

Aleacia said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I bought these same crayons when my oldest was a baby but they ended up being left in the tub and dissolving away, I was very sad! Wish I would have used them on the windows instead. We do have the window crayons now but they don't come in very many colors, I use them mostly myself for writing messages. I've used Crayola window markers as well and those just well...I won't buy them again!
I agree, painting on the windows is just so much better!
Following you now and adding you to the blogs I love :)