Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ryan's Wish Day! (Part 1)



It has been a long time since I wrote an update on how my son Ryan is doing. Last August he was diagnosed with a blood cancer known as Hodgkins Lymphoma. He underwent two hospitalizations and four rounds of chemo.  Around Christmas we got the great news that his CT/PET scans were completely clear. Another scan in March was also clear. We are slated for another scan this Wednesday, but this post is not about that. This post is about a fabulous day made possible by the Make A Wish Foundation!


The day started with lunch donated by California Pizza Kitchen. I told Ryan we were meeting with a photography "client".


This is what we saw through the window. Ryan knew he would get his wish, but he didn't know when or how it would be coming. After seeing this, he knew that this would be "The Day."



 

Laughing at Dad's jokes.


Yummy appetizers.


My husband and his Garlic Chicken Pizza. He was forced to recant some previous bad reviews of CPK after this. We went to CPK many years ago and didn't like it much. They have inproved apparently!


If his pizza was so good, than obviously my Carmelized Peach Salad with Grilled Salmon deserved a sampling as well. Please note, I did not get to sample his pizza though!(He ate it too fast!) No pics of Ry's lunch- a cheese pizza. He's 10. His pizza choices are generally pretty boring.


My older son Taylor had some very cheezy Hawaiian pizza..




Ember is very serious about her pizza.


Make A Wish also provided Ryan with a little disposable camera so that he could take pictures of his wish day. The pictures will be developed and copies given to both us and the anonymous donor(s) who helped make Ryan's wish possible.
 It even had his name on it.
Ember's take on it was this though...
"Oh, it has your name on it? Well, I can't read yet, so that means it's mine."
Two year old logic is hard to argue with.


"Mommy, I take your picture!" (For a change!)

Stay tuned for part two tommorrow!





1 comment:

doodlebuddies said...

Lovely blog ! I so hope all of Ryans test are negative ! The doctors suspected the same for me two years back but luckily it was just an inflamation of the lymph in my neck.
You have a lovely family. May God bless them with plenty of happiness and good health. Ameen.
Naush
A creative mom in Dubai
www.doodlebuddies.wordpress.com