Thursday, December 20, 2012

Learning New Tricks

CreativeLIVE is an awesome place. I have learned so much from watching their free webcasts. So it was very exciting to me that they are running all the 2012 webcasts on a loop from December 17th through 31st. You can learn anything from basic photography to business and marketing all the way to creative techniques in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Speaking of Lightroom 4... I use that program 95% of the time and very rarely even open Photoshop Elements. It is an excellent program and will take your photography to an entirely new level if you shoot in RAW format as I do. It is also not a destructive process at all. All the changes you make in RAW are entirely reversible and you are not working in layers as in Photoshop. However, it does have it's limitations. There are some things you can't do in Lightroom and there are also some things that though you can do it in Lightroom, it is far easier to do in Photoshop.

Case in point...removing or reducing dark under eye circles. Lightroom can only go so far here. So I tried out a trick I learned in one of the CreativeLIVE webcast rebroadcasts.

I created 2 duplicate background layers and then used the clone tool set to the lighten mode at around 20% opacity to make my baby girl's dark under eye circles pretty much disappear without removing the lovely contours. Here you can see the before and after...

Before...

 
 
 After...
 
 

No comments: